For a long time I have been putting up with glitchy (stuttering/corruption) Freeview-HD on some channels. I can now happily report that this appears to be resolved on my system. I had thought this was a UHF signal issue, until my Samsung TV tuner showed me freeview could be glitch free with my signal. I had consulted two aerial guys, tweaked some stuff, got up on the roof myself...
1. Open case. Remove Hauppauge HVR-2200.
2. Insert Hauppauge NOVA-TD-500.
3. Perfect playback.
I posted a while back with a list of todo's on my system. Here's an update on progress:
1. I tried S3 sleep mode for poweroff once. It seemed to cause an issue with mediaportal TVserver on wake-up, so now I pay the OS reboot tax.
No longer care. Instant on doesn't seem to be an issue for us.
2. Find a working solution for non-downsampled blu-ray audio for ALC889. PDVD9 does support this, but a trial version didn't work on my system. Medium priority, I want downsampling gone. $ for pdvd upgrade.
Would still be nice. Cyberlink are up to PDVD 10 now.
3. Backup software, to preserve the system to avoid terminal WAF damage. $ for TrueImage
Using Paragon Backup & Recovery free edition. Excellent!
4. Upgrade to Mediaportal 1.1
Final chapter? I guess not.