I am an audio novice , and am struggling to understand what I need to do to properly setup and use my new Pioneer VSX 520 Audio/Video Receiver
I have the following:
Pioneer Receiver (VSX 520) plus;
1. Panasonic TV Full HD Plasma TH-P50V20Z 50"
2. Panasonic Blu-ray player DMP-BD45
3. MySky HDI decoder
4. Wharfdale 5 speakers
5. Wharfdale Subwoofer
I have connected the components as per the Pioneer instruction book as follows:
1. Panasonic TV: HDMI (connection 1) --> MySky decoder
HDMI (connection 3) --> Receiver "HDMI Out"
2. Blu-ray player: HDMI (1.4) to Receiver "BD"
3. MySky: HDMI --> Panasonic TV HDMI (1)
Speakers are connected to appropiate connections.
Questions I have:
1. I know I can play CDs from the Blu-ray (via BD on the receiver), but they sound terrible: like a big hall! How do I set this up correctly, without affecting anything else?
2. How do I get stereo sound while watching Sky? Do I need to buy/run a Digital Optical cable from the Sky decoder OUT to the receiver IN, plus Audio In (x2) from the Sky decoder to the receiver IN?
DVDs work fine!
Any other suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks and regards