Skinny have introduced their 'unlimited' plan, with two big limitations:
- After 22GB, it slows down (fine, not ideal, but I guess the network just can't cope otherwise?)
- No tethering .
The no tethering sucks the big one IMO. Putting my computer online through the phone is the whole point of data for me. Some questions:
- Is this the first no tethering plan in NZ? or have other ISPs done it too?
- How do they enforce the blocking? are they analysing the traffic or packets? or is it purely a network settings thing?
- Does it just feel so wrong to anyone else to have an ISP dictate how I route traffic?
- I wonder if dedicated 4G modems would work?