I have a serious problem with Spark email. I have had a number of emails sent to be that I have not received.
I have a home email address and I own a .co.nz domain. Emails sent to my domain are redirected to my spark account. The Spark account is the only email account I have.
About once a month, emails sent to me are blocked by Spark. Usually the sender tries multiple times and all emails are blocked. The problem I have is that I ususally don't know they have been blocked unless the sender phones me.
Sometimes the sender does get an error message. An example is:
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: host mx.xtra.co.nz [126.96.36.199]: 550 5.7.1 Message rejected due to SPF policy
There is no obvious reason why Spark chooses to block the emails. The most recent example was an email sent from a company in Gisborne to me. They tried sending emails several times before phoning me. I did not know that their emails had been blocked until they called me. The missing emails were not in my Spark spam folder.
I now know I am not the only customer with this problem. I sent an order to a company in Auckland (also Spark Xtramail customers). They didn't receive my first email, and like me, they didn't know it had been blocked. I didn't know that the email had been blocked either. It was only when I sent another email to ask if they had actioned the first did either of us realise there was a problem.
This is very serious. I rely on reliable email and to have emails silently blocked by Spark is absolutely unacceptable.
I have spent far too much time on the phone to Spark and always get a different response depending on who I get to talk to. Most of the questions I get are related to Spark webmail, which I rarely ever use. This problem is not getting fixed. Now that I know there is another company with the same problem, it is likely that there are others. If it doesn't get fixed soon I will have to find another service provider.