This is somewhat self-serving, as I'm considering switching from Orcon to Telecom (never thought I'd consider going to the dark side), but I'm sure it would be useful to others as well, particularly anyone who is also fed up with the international performance of their non-Telecom ISP during peak hours, or thinks the performance of their Telecom connection is possibly below par compared to other Telecom customers.
So, I entreat to any current Telecom broadband customers who happen to read this to please post one or more speedtest results that meet these criteria:
- Test performed at speedtest.net
- Test performed between the hours of 6 pm and 10 pm NZDT
- Test server is located on US West Coast (e.g. Los Angeles, San Francisco). Additional results from other international locations may also be useful, but at least one from US West Coast would be good.
- Test not performed using a capped connection (i.e. where user has exceeded monthly traffic limit and had a data rate cap applied)
- which Telecom plan you are subscribed to
- your downstream and upstream sync rates (as reported by your modem)
- and of course the speedtest.net result(s) in image or text form