I was wondering if someone can help me with a Sierra Wireless modem Q26 Extreme which has in-built ARM9 processor and incorporates the openssl library as part of it is API.
I have been talking to someone at Telecom but they have directed me to helpdesk to sort out the issue but with no avail as the person does not have any clue using TCP or UDP.
Sierra Wireless provides examples source code written in C for the TCP client and SSL client. To test the code for TCP, I written a C# TCP server and ran in my desktop PC. The modem I change the Telecom APN and connect to my server address and port. This works fine without any issues. Data is transmitted to the server correctly.
For the SSL setup, I use the openssl server in my desktop and the SSL client in the modem. This connects to the APN but fails when it tries to connect to the openssl server. The openssl output is "gethostbyname failure". I have retested the code and use Vodafone simcard and APN, this works fine without any issues. It connects and transmit data to the openssl server. I have tested the openssl server with a openssl client in a different machine and that connects without any issues.
Both openssl server and modem uses the same CA cert. The server and client certs are generated using the CA cert provided by the customer. The certs are tested in openssl to ensure the certificates are working correctly. Also tested in the Vodafone network works fine.