I'm using the Draytek v120 as a PPPoA to PPPoE bridge to pfSense 1.2.3 and I've never been assigned my static IP with this configuration over the past year or so that it has been enabled for my account. Telecom says my password is reported as incorrect at their end and thus I'm assigned a dynamic IP. I've checked and re-checked the password many times it is needless to say, does anyone else have a similar configuration that works successfully?
Easy way to check whether it's pfsense or the Draytek would be to use a different PPPoE client, ie remove pfsense from the equation connect a PC running Windows/Mac/Linux and create a PPPoE connection to the draytek.
If you have the same problem you can cast suspicion on the Draytek, if it works fine start looking at pfsense.
What username/password are you authenticating with?
To get a static IP assigned you need to use email@example.com and the password associated with that ID. Easiest way to confirm the password would be to log into the usage meter at telecom.co.nz/usage with the above combination.
While I do use a Vigor 120 in PPPoA pass-through, I'm not using a static IP at this time.
Yeah it works getting into the usage meter, I have to plan a time to experiment with other PPPoE clients as there's a few people using the connection most of the time and it's not a critical issue, I've just been using the dyndns client I used to use before anyway. UPDATE: Just got through to Telecom this morning and asked them about it again, they've reset the password and the interface is now being assigned the static IP.