I had a 'how to read the invoice' question this morning so rang 777 and was put through immediately to a CSR who pleasantly and more importantly for me, patiently, answered the question.
As we were looking at the invoice she quickly noted that my usage was way under subscribed for the plan I was on and suggested a more suitable and cheaper alternative. Again, it was the pleasant and non-sales like manner that was the impressive bit.
So being the good corporate citizen and cutting costs, I've gone from:
Old (retired) Smart3 plan - $82 per month
- 120 mins which at some stage went up to 240 mins (which I wasn't aware of)
- 2500 txts
- 3GB of data of which I averaged 220 MB over the past 4 months
Smart $65 plan - $55 per month (includes $10 discount for a 12 month contract)
- 200 mins + 200 bonus mins
- 1000 mins to a dedicated number
- free Voicemail checking
- 2500 txts
- 1.25 GB of data, originally 250 MB of data to which she generously added an extra 1 GB after I expressed concerns
Aside from the drop in base price, a quick estimate sees the extra minutes saving an additional $50-70 on an average bill of $230 per month. The accountant's gotta be happy with that.
And its taken me more time to type this post than it did to arrange.
Thanks Vodafone, awesome work. And if any VF rep wants a name so they can throw bouquets at this girl then feel free to message :)