Geekzone: technology news, blogs, forums
Welcome Guest.
You haven't logged in yet. If you don't have an account you can register now.

1 post

Wannabe Geek

Topic # 114937 7-Mar-2013 22:10
Send private message

I would like to move my television to another part of the lounge but find that the cable isn't long enough.  Without having to engage the services of Telstra to supply me with a longer cable (read $$$ for a visit), can I just buy a longer cable from an electrical shop and connect it to the current port?  It sounds pretty simple - I'm hoping it is.  If it's possible, are you able to tell me exactly what to ask for or is it best to take the actual cable to the store?  Thanks.

Create new topic
27274 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 6706

Biddle Corp
Lifetime subscriber

  Reply # 776613 8-Mar-2013 07:58
Send private message

You simply need a cable with F connectors on it. To meet TelstraClear guidelines this needs to be a minimum of tri shield coax cable.

Create new topic

Twitter »

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when new discussions are posted in our forums:

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when news items and blogs are posted in our frontpage:

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when tech item prices are listed in our price comparison site:

Geekzone Live »

Try automatic live updates from Geekzone directly in your browser, without refreshing the page, with Geekzone Live now.

Geekzone Live »

Our community of supporters help make Geekzone possible. Click the button below to join them.

Support Geezone on PressPatron

Are you subscribed to our RSS feed? You can download the latest headlines and summaries from our stories directly to your computer or smartphone by using a feed reader.

Alternatively, you can receive a daily email with Geekzone updates.