I have been browsing these forums for a few weeks now but have a few questions so decided to finally sign up. I am on the hunt for a new mobile and am looking for some unbiased adviceas to what I should get. I have also googled a lot and used the 'search' function here plenty. Now a little about what I need the device to do:
- roam internationally, my job has me travelling a lot
- send and receive email, one account on the work exchange server and two POP3 accounts
- work with outlook and update contacts, tasks, calender etc with my laptop
- view word, excel and pdf files
- reasonable camera (3MP+) saves carrying a seperate one around on site
- expandable memory, for photos and probably music too
- would like a full QWERTY keyboard
A few questions:
As I receive quite a few emails, to save on data costs particularly when overseas, would it be better to use BlackBerry Connect? I guess using BlackBerry internet service to get the mail from all 3 accounts?
Is push email a lot bigger in data size than email in BlackBerry format?
How well does BlackBerry Connect work or would it be better to get an actual BlackBerry device?
As I mainly use MS Office apps is it better to use a Windows mobile device?
As I would be using it for email a lot is 3G required? I guess the answer is probably no as BlackBerry's don't have it
Some devices that I have found so far:
Sony Ericsson P1i - Vodafone here in NZ sell it
- Great Camera
- Works with BlacBerry connect
HTC TyTn II - This looks to do everything I want and I love how it looks but not sure how well it will work in NZ? Not worried about the Vodafone Live stuff. Anyone here had one of these running in NZ?
BlackBerry 8310 Curve - Maybe the best for email? Poorer camera though.
Any answers to the above questions would be much appreciated, also thoughts on the devices I have named plus suggestions on any other devices that fit the bill are all welcome.
Mods, please feel free to move this, wasn't entirely sure where to post it.