I'm trying to get CSipSimple configured for VFX.
Here's how I attempted to set it up:
There's an "XNet" setup wizard built into CSipSimple, which asks for:
- "Phone number" - set to "UserID" from the sign up email (which is my phone number)
- "User name" - set to "AuthUser" from the sign up email
- "Password" - set to "AuthPassword" from the sign up email
Which seems very helpful, but after this CSipSimple fails to register with "Not found".
Then I did a long press on the XNet account entry in the list, and "Choose wizard", then selected the "Advanced" wizard (under generic wizards).
Tap on the XNet account entry, tap on "Proxy", and delete the currently set value of pan.wxnz.net, "OK" and "Save" - I did this based on reading a few posts here which suggested that you didn't want an outgoing proxy set. I'll file a bug to try to get the XNet wizard corrected, once I'm more confident that it's actually wrong.
Now CSipSimple registers OK and:
- Incoming calls work.
- Outgoing calls fail across the ADSL (which has a router doing NAT) with "408 / Request Timeout" (tested mostly with 0800 123456, the wxc number).
- Outgoing calls seem to work using mobile data (though the quality seems a bit patchy, perhaps due to the mobile reception here).
Given outgoing calls work using mobile data, it seems this is due to the NAT. I've attempted to port forward the relevant ports to the phone, but that doesn't seem to help (possibly I'm not forwarding the correct ports though).
Interestingly, while trying a linux soft-phone I had ports forwarded to my PC, and managed to successfully make an outgoing call from the phone. Frustratingly I've not managed to reproduce this at all since.
Any hints as to what I need to do to get this working?