So just looking to see if my thinking on how to properly switch from Vodafone to, say, Spark Fibre with Landline is correct so that we don't have any (or much) interruption of service.
From reading http://pages.bigpipe.co.nz/how-to-switch-isps-without-ruining-everything/, it seems that the best way of doing things is to sign-up for Fibre, wait until the day that fibre is actually installed and operational, and then ring Vodafone to cancel.
Although this means paying more (although we are ditching Vodafone TV/Sky anyway so I can cancel that earlier presumably) it does seem the safest option. Does anyone else have any experience that might change this thinking?
(One thing I was wondering about is whether Spark would want to start charging me straight away for something that I couldn't use - as phone line is obviously not on Chorus network - as I've read somewhere that they like to stick you on VSDL/ADSL until your Fibre order is complete?)