So I moved house about 6 weeks ago, and after spending 2 weeks waiting for my phone & broadband to be reconnected at the new address, I found that my connections speed in the evenings was so slow that I could not even load the speedtest website to do a test, opening a trademe page often resulted in errors..
While the speed seemed sort of ok in the mornings the best I could ever get was about 1MBPS download speed.
fearing that I had a fault I called VF and reported the problem, and stepped through all the usual diagnostic process to try to eliminate any modem/installation issues as the source of the problem/ After not finding any issues they said they would get a technician to come out and have a look, but I would have to pay if there was a fault on my installation.
Subesequently I get a call at noon on a Saturday from a technician who tells me he is doing a test on my line and I have a 3.9MBPS connection, and everything is ok. While he is talking to me I do a speedtest and managed 1.9MBps. I suggest that he do a speedtest to my connection on the evening, however he says he has done all he can... blah blah.. i only work here.. thats the best you are going to get from this cabinet....etc etc
Phone bill arrives and I see that I was also billed $145.12 for his Fault diagnosis... just felt like i've been raped and then charged for the service!