Geekzone: technology news, blogs, forums
Guest
Welcome Guest.
You haven't logged in yet. If you don't have an account you can register now.




674 posts

Ultimate Geek
+1 received by user: 29

Trusted

Topic # 24076 14-Jul-2008 18:12
Send private message


I can't seem to login at the voodafone website on both our prepay numbers ..
Is anyone else having the same problem ?
These are both supa-prepay accounts..

I'd call customer service to find out whats wrong but they are going to charge me $1 for this .. sigh

View this topic in a long page with up to 500 replies per page Create new topic
 1 | 2
2483 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 4

Trusted

  Reply # 147851 14-Jul-2008 18:20
Send private message

cafeg:
I can't seem to login at the voodafone website on both our prepay numbers ..
Is anyone else having the same problem ?
These are both supa-prepay accounts..

I'd call customer service to find out whats wrong but they are going to charge me $1 for this .. sigh

Yep - can't logon. Motormouth Prepay.

They aren't charging yet - it comes on August 1st, so better "make the most of now".




Find me on Twitter!

I posted 1, 2 x 10^3 times!



674 posts

Ultimate Geek
+1 received by user: 29

Trusted

  Reply # 147855 14-Jul-2008 18:29
Send private message


And it just gets worse...
I just tried to call the 0800 number and I got

silence for about 5 secs, then a Voice saying WELCOME TO VODAFONE !
Then just silence after that, no menus no nothing..

And we are going to pay $1 for that in august .. sigh ...
 

 
 
 
 


4155 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 54

Moderator
Trusted
Subscriber

  Reply # 147857 14-Jul-2008 18:32
Send private message

You called an 0800 number? So you are calling from a landline, so they cannot charge your mobile?

What happens when you call 777 ?

Also, I am sure they would have to be like any other pay service, and say that the call will cost you, and that you have x time to hang up.



674 posts

Ultimate Geek
+1 received by user: 29

Trusted

  Reply # 147863 14-Jul-2008 19:05
Send private message


Ok, I just got thru by calling 777 and got my prepay balance from the automated account menu there..

Which brings up another question.. If we call 777 from next month on, do we get charged $1 once we connect and use the automated menus or do we only get charged $1 once we get a CSR on the line ?

2483 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 4

Trusted

  Reply # 147864 14-Jul-2008 19:05
Send private message

cafeg:
Ok, I just got thru by calling 777 and got my prepay balance from the automated account menu there..

Which brings up another question.. If we call 777 from next month on, do we get charged $1 once we connect and use the automated menus or do we only get charged $1 once we get a CSR on the line ?

Only for the CSRs.




Find me on Twitter!

I posted 1, 2 x 10^3 times!

970 posts

Ultimate Geek

Trusted
Vodafone

  Reply # 147878 14-Jul-2008 19:55

Hi all,

we have a problem at the moment with a corrupt database. The techs are working on it now and I should have an update for you in the next hour or so... could be an all nighter though.

It means you can't access some services - Manage Your Account being one of those (TXT2Park being another). Sorry about this - they're working on it right now.

As for the $1 charge, this is ONLY for Prepay customers and only for calls that require you to talk to an operator. The idea is that there are a vast array of services that you can sort out for yourself (using either the website or the voice recognition system or using mobile internet on your handset) so we're encouraging customers to use those. Already 95% of our customer contacts are self service - the remaining 5% consists of a number of people who stubbornly refuse to use the self service solutions and ring to ask things like "what time is it?".

This means the call centre staff aren't available for real calls and so everyone gets grumpy (long call handling times etc). By charging we can weed out those calls, encourage self service where it's feasible AND have call centre staff available to help when they're needed.

The $1 per call is nowhere near enough to cover the costs of talking to a call centre rep - this isn't about making money, it's about freeing up a resource which currently is being used inappropriately.

I had to ring to sort out my wife's Prepay phone the other day. The wait time was 20 minutes or more. That's not acceptable to me and I'm sure it's not to anyone else, either. The plan is that those wait times will be reduced to something more acceptable and when you do call you get the solution you need first time off.

Cheers

Paul




Paul Brislen
Head of Corporate Communications
Vodafone

http://forum.vodafone.co.nz


2483 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 4

Trusted

  Reply # 147881 14-Jul-2008 19:59
Send private message

PaulBrislen: Hi all,

we have a problem at the moment with a corrupt database. The techs are working on it now and I should have an update for you in the next hour or so... could be an all nighter though.

It means you can't access some services - Manage Your Account being one of those (TXT2Park being another). Sorry about this - they're working on it right now.

As for the $1 charge, this is ONLY for Prepay customers and only for calls that require you to talk to an operator. The idea is that there are a vast array of services that you can sort out for yourself (using either the website or the voice recognition system or using mobile internet on your handset) so we're encouraging customers to use those. Already 95% of our customer contacts are self service - the remaining 5% consists of a number of people who stubbornly refuse to use the self service solutions and ring to ask things like "what time is it?".

This means the call centre staff aren't available for real calls and so everyone gets grumpy (long call handling times etc). By charging we can weed out those calls, encourage self service where it's feasible AND have call centre staff available to help when they're needed.

The $1 per call is nowhere near enough to cover the costs of talking to a call centre rep - this isn't about making money, it's about freeing up a resource which currently is being used inappropriately.

I had to ring to sort out my wife's Prepay phone the other day. The wait time was 20 minutes or more. That's not acceptable to me and I'm sure it's not to anyone else, either. The plan is that those wait times will be reduced to something more acceptable and when you do call you get the solution you need first time off.

Cheers

Paul

When will this be posted on the Vodafone website? It's pretty serious (affecting services like My Vodafone...)




Find me on Twitter!

I posted 1, 2 x 10^3 times!

970 posts

Ultimate Geek

Trusted
Vodafone

  Reply # 147883 14-Jul-2008 20:02

manhinli:
PaulBrislen: Hi all,

we have a problem at the moment with a corrupt database. The techs are working on it now and I should have an update for you in the next hour or so... could be an all nighter though.

It means you can't access some services - Manage Your Account being one of those (TXT2Park being another). Sorry about this - they're working on it right now.

As for the $1 charge, this is ONLY for Prepay customers and only for calls that require you to talk to an operator. The idea is that there are a vast array of services that you can sort out for yourself (using either the website or the voice recognition system or using mobile internet on your handset) so we're encouraging customers to use those. Already 95% of our customer contacts are self service - the remaining 5% consists of a number of people who stubbornly refuse to use the self service solutions and ring to ask things like "what time is it?".

This means the call centre staff aren't available for real calls and so everyone gets grumpy (long call handling times etc). By charging we can weed out those calls, encourage self service where it's feasible AND have call centre staff available to help when they're needed.

The $1 per call is nowhere near enough to cover the costs of talking to a call centre rep - this isn't about making money, it's about freeing up a resource which currently is being used inappropriately.

I had to ring to sort out my wife's Prepay phone the other day. The wait time was 20 minutes or more. That's not acceptable to me and I'm sure it's not to anyone else, either. The plan is that those wait times will be reduced to something more acceptable and when you do call you get the solution you need first time off.

Cheers

Paul

When will this be posted on the Vodafone website? It's pretty serious (affecting services like My Vodafone...)


I was hoping to have something up by now... shouldn't be too far away.




Paul Brislen
Head of Corporate Communications
Vodafone

http://forum.vodafone.co.nz




674 posts

Ultimate Geek
+1 received by user: 29

Trusted

  Reply # 147887 14-Jul-2008 20:19
Send private message


Thanks for the quick response on the problem Paul.

One question on your reply,

The idea is that there are a vast array of services that you can sort out for yourself (using either the website or the voice recognition system or using mobile internet on your handset)

Does this mean that connecting to the vodafone web site with our mobiles to access online account services is free of data charges or are we going to pay data charges for this ?

 

Nate wants an iphone
3883 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 18

Mod Emeritus
Trusted
Subscriber

  Reply # 147892 14-Jul-2008 20:28
Send private message

Paul, this is massively offtopic, but will email contacts to a Vodafone CSR through the voda website be charged $1 per incident?




webhosting |New Zealand connectionsgeekzone IRC chat
Loose lips may sink ships - Be smart - Don't post internal/commercially sensitive or confidential information!


970 posts

Ultimate Geek

Trusted
Vodafone

  Reply # 147908 14-Jul-2008 21:16

cokemaster: Paul, this is massively offtopic, but will email contacts to a Vodafone CSR through the voda website be charged $1 per incident?


Nope, we're only talking about reducing the number of unnecessary calls to the call centre - email won't be charged for.

Sounds like the outage means a full restart of the database so that's an all night job I'm afraid... next update I'll get is at 5am. Sorry for the lack of access - this is only the second time this particularly database has needed to be restarted in about five years!

Cheers

Paul




Paul Brislen
Head of Corporate Communications
Vodafone

http://forum.vodafone.co.nz


970 posts

Ultimate Geek

Trusted
Vodafone

  Reply # 147910 14-Jul-2008 21:22

cafeg:
Thanks for the quick response on the problem Paul.

One question on your reply,

The idea is that there are a vast array of services that you can sort out for yourself (using either the website or the voice recognition system or using mobile internet on your handset)

Does this mean that connecting to the vodafone web site with our mobiles to access online account services is free of data charges or are we going to pay data charges for this ?

 


Hi there - that's a very good question and one I've raised as well. I'd like to see such contacts through Vodafone live! be zero rated and so do a number of other people within the business. At the moment I don't believe a decision has been made on it one way or the other so I'll keep pressing for it. It makes sense to me that customers be directed to self service and that we make that as easy as possible for them, so there is no need to make that operator call... I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Paul




Paul Brislen
Head of Corporate Communications
Vodafone

http://forum.vodafone.co.nz


1510 posts

Uber Geek
+1 received by user: 228

Subscriber

  Reply # 147920 14-Jul-2008 22:08
Send private message

PaulBrislen:
cafeg:
Thanks for the quick response on the problem Paul.

One question on your reply,

The idea is that there are a vast array of services that you can sort out for yourself (using either the website or the voice recognition system or using mobile internet on your handset)

Does this mean that connecting to the vodafone web site with our mobiles to access online account services is free of data charges or are we going to pay data charges for this ?

 


Hi there - that's a very good question and one I've raised as well. I'd like to see such contacts through Vodafone live! be zero rated and so do a number of other people within the business. At the moment I don't believe a decision has been made on it one way or the other so I'll keep pressing for it. It makes sense to me that customers be directed to self service and that we make that as easy as possible for them, so there is no need to make that operator call... I'll keep you posted.

Cheers

Paul


Hmmm, the only problem I have with this charging is at the moment talking to a CSR does not always get the right answer first time, like last year when I tried to attach my GF to my 027 (freshly ported number) to be told by repeated CSR's it wasnt possible..  Turns out it was (the website said so) and it was done after attempt number 3 or 4 (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=40&topicid=17626)

I will be extremley dissapointed to be charged 3-4 $$$ because of the inadquecys of staff traning in your own products!!

131 posts

Master Geek


  Reply # 147950 14-Jul-2008 23:38
Send private message

PaulBrislen: Hi all,

we have a problem at the moment with a corrupt database. The techs are working on it now and I should have an update for you in the next hour or so... could be an all nighter though.

It means you can't access some services - Manage Your Account being one of those (TXT2Park being another). Sorry about this - they're working on it right now.

As for the $1 charge, this is ONLY for Prepay customers and only for calls that require you to talk to an operator. The idea is that there are a vast array of services that you can sort out for yourself (using either the website or the voice recognition system or using mobile internet on your handset) so we're encouraging customers to use those. Already 95% of our customer contacts are self service - the remaining 5% consists of a number of people who stubbornly refuse to use the self service solutions and ring to ask things like "what time is it?".

This means the call centre staff aren't available for real calls and so everyone gets grumpy (long call handling times etc). By charging we can weed out those calls, encourage self service where it's feasible AND have call centre staff available to help when they're needed.

The $1 per call is nowhere near enough to cover the costs of talking to a call centre rep - this isn't about making money, it's about freeing up a resource which currently is being used inappropriately.

I had to ring to sort out my wife's Prepay phone the other day. The wait time was 20 minutes or more. That's not acceptable to me and I'm sure it's not to anyone else, either. The plan is that those wait times will be reduced to something more acceptable and when you do call you get the solution you need first time off.

Cheers

Paul

 

I think that is a pretty poor reason to charge, because there are ways to stop that occurring. You will know the number that is calling you, so how about only charging those customers who ring up to waste time, by putting them on a type of blacklist, where you then text them to say that your systems have detected that they regularly ring for unnecessary calls to the call centre, and in the future you will charge them $5 per call, or something link that.

Also do you not get people who call you with stupid calls on your contract plans? 

How about giving people 3 free calls a month, or something along those lines. 

Charging all of your prepay for the acts of a few stupid callers is just bad business practice.


I have been with Vodafone since 2001, and have only ever made a handful of calls to 777, and only when there has been a problem with billing or a problem with your network. However if you are going to charge me for calling for assistance , even if the charge may be refunded at the discretion of your call centre if I request it, it definitely will make me change to Telecom of NZ Com in the future.


970 posts

Ultimate Geek

Trusted
Vodafone

  Reply # 147975 15-Jul-2008 07:18

robbypreb:
PaulBrislen: Hi all,

we have a problem at the moment with a corrupt database. The techs are working on it now and I should have an update for you in the next hour or so... could be an all nighter though.

It means you can't access some services - Manage Your Account being one of those (TXT2Park being another). Sorry about this - they're working on it right now.

As for the $1 charge, this is ONLY for Prepay customers and only for calls that require you to talk to an operator. The idea is that there are a vast array of services that you can sort out for yourself (using either the website or the voice recognition system or using mobile internet on your handset) so we're encouraging customers to use those. Already 95% of our customer contacts are self service - the remaining 5% consists of a number of people who stubbornly refuse to use the self service solutions and ring to ask things like "what time is it?".

This means the call centre staff aren't available for real calls and so everyone gets grumpy (long call handling times etc). By charging we can weed out those calls, encourage self service where it's feasible AND have call centre staff available to help when they're needed.

The $1 per call is nowhere near enough to cover the costs of talking to a call centre rep - this isn't about making money, it's about freeing up a resource which currently is being used inappropriately.

I had to ring to sort out my wife's Prepay phone the other day. The wait time was 20 minutes or more. That's not acceptable to me and I'm sure it's not to anyone else, either. The plan is that those wait times will be reduced to something more acceptable and when you do call you get the solution you need first time off.

Cheers

Paul

 

 

 

I think that is a pretty poor reason to charge, because there are ways to stop that occurring. You will know the number that is calling you, so how about only charging those customers who ring up to waste time, by putting them on a type of blacklist, where you then text them to say that your systems have detected that they regularly ring for unnecessary calls to the call centre, and in the future you will charge them $5 per call, or something link that.

Also do you not get people who call you with stupid calls on your contract plans? 

How about giving people 3 free calls a month, or something along those lines. 

Charging all of your prepay for the acts of a few stupid callers is just bad business practice.


I have been with Vodafone since 2001, and have only ever made a handful of calls to 777, and only when there has been a problem with billing or a problem with your network. However if you are going to charge me for calling for assistance , even if the charge may be refunded at the discretion of your call centre if I request it, it definitely will make me change to Telecom of NZ Com in the future.



If you've only called "a handful" of times since 2001 then what's the problem? And of those calls, how many could be sorted out by our automated system today?

The point is, some people are refusing to move to self service and that means when you or anyone else with a legitimate need to talk to an operator calls in, you can't get through in a timely fashion.

I used to use ZTalk for my tolls and they charged for calls to the call centre for everyone. I used them because a: it was seriously cheap and b: I never needed to call a call centre but if I did I would rather get through to someone straight away.

I have no problem with sorting out my wife's phone and paying a dollar to get through because I know that it means I'll get access to someone straight away without having to wait on hold for an age while someone takes up my slot wanting to know how to set the time on their phone.

Paul




Paul Brislen
Head of Corporate Communications
Vodafone

http://forum.vodafone.co.nz


 1 | 2
View this topic in a long page with up to 500 replies per page Create new topic



Twitter »

Follow us to receive Twitter updates when new discussions are posted in our forums:



Follow us to receive Twitter updates when news items and blogs are posted in our frontpage:



Follow us to receive Twitter updates when tech item prices are listed in our price comparison site:





News »

UFB killer app: Speed
Posted 17-Nov-2017 17:01


The case for RSS — MacSparky
Posted 13-Nov-2017 14:35


WordPress and Indieweb: Take control of your online presence — 6:30 GridAKL Nov 30
Posted 11-Nov-2017 13:43


Chorus reveals technology upgrade for schools, students
Posted 10-Nov-2017 10:28


Vodafone says Internet of Things (IoT) crucial for digital transformation
Posted 10-Nov-2017 10:06


Police and Facebook launch AMBER Alerts system in NZ
Posted 9-Nov-2017 10:49


Amazon debuts Fire TV Stick Basic Edition in over 100 new countries
Posted 8-Nov-2017 05:34


Vodafone VoIP transition to start this month
Posted 7-Nov-2017 12:33


Spark enhances IoT network capability
Posted 7-Nov-2017 11:33


Vocus NZ sale and broadband competition
Posted 6-Nov-2017 14:36


Hawaiki reaches key milestone in landmark deep-sea fibre project
Posted 4-Nov-2017 13:53


Countdown launches new proximity online shopping app
Posted 4-Nov-2017 13:50


Nokia 3310 to be available through Spark New Zealand
Posted 4-Nov-2017 13:31


Nest launches in New Zealand
Posted 4-Nov-2017 12:31


Active wholesale as Chorus tackles wireless challenge
Posted 3-Nov-2017 10:55



Geekzone Live »

Try automatic live updates from Geekzone directly in your browser, without refreshing the page, with Geekzone Live now.



Are you subscribed to our RSS feed? You can download the latest headlines and summaries from our stories directly to your computer or smartphone by using a feed reader.

Alternatively, you can receive a daily email with Geekzone updates.