1. I have a Vodafone-supplied wireless router, Huawei HG220 (or something)
2. I regularly get disconnected from the wireless, and lose my IP address. It goes to 169.x.x.x
3. It then fixes itself within 1 minute, and I'm back online again
4. I swapped the router for a new one, and I have the same issue.
5. This happens on all 3 computers, all of which are Macs. It also happens on my iPhone when connected wirelessly.
I just did a ping to my router and got these results:
Ping has started…
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=0 ttl=254 time=43.718 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=1 ttl=254 time=22.175 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=2 ttl=254 time=256.958 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=3 ttl=254 time=1.281 ms
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=4 ttl=254 time=1.279 ms
Request timeout for icmp_seq 5
Request timeout for icmp_seq 6
Request timeout for icmp_seq 7
Request timeout for icmp_seq 8
64 bytes from 192.168.1.1: icmp_seq=9 ttl=254 time=175.583 ms
--- 192.168.1.1 ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 6 packets received, 40.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 1.279/83.499/256.958/97.835 ms
Please, please, please - has anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks in advance :)