On my PC with Windows XP (its an old version) and I cant upgrade to Internet Explorer version 8 SHRegGetValueW could not be located in the dynamic library SHLWAPI.dll Now I cant find dll files any where, not sure what to do.
Imanaged to down load a display driver and that fixed my resolution. Service pack three must be working as I can Install internet explorer 8,,, so I went one better and installed google crome.. I managed to find a peice of software called DriverRobot, you can try it to see what it does but it would cost about $40 USD, has any one seen this one.
I would not use applications to find and download drivers. I have done in the past, and frankly, the results can be spectacularly less than ideal. Such an application can alert you to an out of date driver, it would then be recommended to go to the home site for that driver to obtain it. Unless you have an indication that one or more drivers actually needs updating, leave well enough alone.
yeah that sounds right, I run it and got some ideas and then went found the drivers myself. Im Quite pleased with how things are going now. Old computer when you clicked on something,, you went and had a cup of tea then come back to see if it opened.. Brought one of trademe,, went from a 866 processor to a 1.8 and bigger hard drive and pissed around for about three days and finally have it up and ruuning they way i wanted it.
Next thing is to transfer Data and programs from the old computer to the new one. They are both set up side by side and networked... what do you think is the best for transfering programs..