- 19.01.2007 - New Mac arrives
- 26.01.2007 - Hard drive fails
- 26.01.2007 - Authorised Mac service provider orders replacement 80gig SATA hard drive. "A one-day turnaround," he says.
- 30.01.2007 - News arrives that the drive has to be sourced from Sydney. God knows why it took so long for Renaissance to come back with this information.
- 02.02.2007 - Apple Store offers to replace the whole unit as a DOA, but this would mean picking the unit up from the service provider, waiting for the courier to turn up and take the old machine to Sydney before the new machine can be dispatched. Estimated total turnaround: another week. Offer declined as the replacement drive is being sourced from Sydney.
- 05.02.2006 - News arrives that the drive has to be sourced from the United States. Estimated turnaround: 10-14 days.
Why are there no SATA drives in Auckland?
PS. Please don't troll this thread. Especially not that guy who trolled the last Mac thread.