- Cheap local freight price to sellers.
- Pre-clearance with Customs etc.
- Provide a nicely integrated tracking display of your parcel's status within ebay.
The GPI (Pitney Bowes International):
- Repackage many items (badly).
- Route the goods poorly (too many stops, too much handling = damage & delay).
- Can't be contacted in NZ if there is a problem.
ebay makes any damage/problem/loss a problem between the buyer and seller.
More info here:
- http://youtu.be/qZwZgcoc_zw (my experience aligns with this).