3 weeks ago my immune system went haywire and tried to take me out, I am much better now owing to a load of steroids (apart from an Austrian accent), anyway the one thing I missed was listening to my podcasts, which I normally listen to on my commute to/from work
I know I can listen to them by turning on the computer or the appletv and tv, but both of those are inefficient in that I need a screen to do anything.
I'll get this right out here now, I am a cheapskate I don't want or like to spend money, but I think I should be able to achieve this for less than $50, and I know it sound naff but I can't let myself relax listening to podcasts when I have a power hungry device like the computer or TV on, it just irks me which I know is ridiculous
My Local op shop has a number of iPhone docks with speakers for around $5 to $15, and I have been watching trademe and the iPhone 3g seems to be selling at around $25-$35
So I am wondering would this be a better solution and would it all work specifically
1) Most of them seem to have a Bluetooth logo on them so I assume that's how they synch, is there any incompatibilities there or should it just work with the iphones
2) The charging bit on the dock, they are all the same I assume, I was planning to get the iPhone first and then take it to the op shop and see if it fitted ala Cinderella style
3) iTunes will still work on an old iPhone? as despite being a PC person I have always used iTunes for my music and podcasts etc
4) the iPhone 3g seems to only be 8gb is the whole 8gb available or is there only a couple of gb left over after the OS and apps
5) I assume I can use it as an alarm clock by synching it to my gmail calendar?
6) Will it work without a sim card? or do I need one to initialise it? so it links to my apple account if that makes sense
Thanks in advance