I was recently attending to some minor repairs and maintenenace around my mother's home when a tube of super glue split open and the stuff went all over my hands & fingers .... which is great if I'm about to pull a bank job and don't want to leave fingerprints but driving the getaway car meant I'd be stuck to the steering wheel until running out of petrol or capture <g>.
I'd always thought that some form of acetone such as nail polish remover was the ideal super glue remover, and is in fact stated as such on the label, but no amount of the acrid smelling stuff worked and just made me want to sing Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.
My wife then said she knew a sure-fire remover using warm water, a little detergent, and bleach .... well, as you can imagine I was very skeptical and ran counter to my mind for needing a strong chemical requirement so naturally I yelled and stomped about the place reciting things like "Too late, methyl cyanoacrylate, fingers amputate".
Humouring the lady I dunked my hands into the brew she had prepared, feeling that slimy sodium hypochloride covering my digits like necrosis and still protesting that the manufacturers' web site would have the 'right' answer if I could only feel the keyboard. After 3 minutes wiggling my fingers in this mixture my wife gave me a silver mesh pot cleaner and said to rub gently the glued fingers.
Well, not to put too fine a point on it, the glue literally fell away with just a couple of wipes of the cleaning cloth and with a little harder scrubbing between the fingers. Once done, I washed my hands several times in cold water and soap to get rid of the chlorine feel & smell and all was back to normal.
Needless to say I never spoke to my wife again, but never put up much resistance either when that afternoon it was suggested we drive to the local mall for a walk, look at the shops, and coffee <g>.