Hello folks! I was offered the opportunity to giveaway some copies of an eBook "Network Your Computer and Devices", by Ciprian Adrian Rusen. These versions come in all the popular formats: PDF, Mobi, ePub, APK and Daisy, so that you can read them on the device of your choice.
The book is written by Ciprian Adrian Rusen, from 7 Tutorials. It is aimed at people who want to build and manage their own small home network. It focuses mostly on Windows 7 and covers all the networking related features this operating system has to offer.
I had a quick read through an electronic copy and was surprised to find things even I didn't know (or didn't realised was possible to do). So I'm sure it will be a addition to anyone's digital library here on Geekzone.
It covers network interoperability between Windows 7 and other major operating systems: Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Vista Service Pack 2, Mac OS X v10.6 (Snow Leopard) and Ubuntu Linux v10.10 (Maverick Meerkat).
In approximately 560 pages, you get extensive coverage on the following topics:
• Chapter 1: Setting Up a Router and Devices
• Chapter 2: Setting User Accounts on All Computers
• Chapter 3: Setting Up Your Libraries on All Windows 7 Computers
• Chapter 4: Creating the Network
• Chapter 5: Customizing Network Sharing Settings in Windows 7
• Chapter 6: Creating the Homegroup and Joining Windows 7 Computers
• Chapter 7: Sharing Libraries and Folders
• Chapter 8: Sharing and Working with Devices
• Chapter 9: Streaming Media Over the Network and the Internet
• Chapter 10: Sharing Between Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7 Computers
• Chapter 11: Sharing Between Mac OS X and Windows 7 Computers
• Chapter 12: Sharing Between Ubuntu Linux and Windows 7 Computers
• Chapter 13: Keeping the Network Secure
• Chapter 14: Setting Up Parental Controls
• Chapter 15: Troubleshooting Network and Internet Problems
How to enter: Just reply here with a comment on why you think this book could help you, what kinds of problems you found when creating networks. Please do not discuss solutions - the replies are the entries and should be just one per person.
The fineprint: This competition is open until the 15th August, when seven entries will be drawn. Open to anywhere in the world. No purchase necessary. Previously banned users are not eligible to win. Only one reply in this topic. The prize will be sent as a link to electronic download.