Chorus have just put UFB down our shared drive and the job is in my view terrible. The cut down the drive is approx 15mm wide and 1.5cm to 2cm deep and not consistent and is about 25cm into the driveway and running across a vehicle cross over. At some points the cable was above the driveway level. They have just advised that the reinstatement is complete. They have basically dumped some loose asphalt into the cut but it is not flush and in places lease a 5-10mm lip which will break up. In the vehicle cross over they dumped some concrete grout which will last about a week at most. They have left a fence broken and at the street they have left the neighbours place and the share driveway in a mess.
1 If our drive ever needs replacing how do we deal with cable that is not even halfway as deep as the drive?
2. Rain will soon clear out their patch leaving exposed cable.
3. The crossover will break with in a few days leaving the cable exposed.
4. The lip left along the cut will break up and damage the driveway.
5. All this has taken over two months and they have not done a professional job.
6. the asphalt used is too dry and is already after a few days being washed out and blown out.
Is this normal to lay cable down a driveway only millimetres below the surface and then use a fill technique is way less than amateur. When Downers laid HFC they used a mole and only had two guide holes and that job is still sound after 10 years, this effort by Chorus will be lucky to see out spring.
Here is a pic of the cable I will try to upload some of the "reinstated" pics