I'm currently with Spark and pay $70 per month for unlimited naked 100/20 (off contract).
I'd like to get more than 20 upload, but I'm not interested in moving to a plan with an absurd download speed to get it. The only way to get more than 20 upload with Spark appears to be to sign up for Naked Fibre MAX with 900Mbps download. 100 download is more than enough.
1) Are there any plans for the big players (Spark, 2degrees, VF etc) to start offering better upload speeds on consumer-level plans? I'm happy to wait if things might change in the next 6-12 months.
2) Apart from a $10 mobile bundle discount, I'm not tied to Spark. What are the GZ recommendations for an alternative ISP?
My criteria are:
- Unlimited data
- No contract (would consider a 12 month plan if it was a particularly good deal)
- No CGNAT (I don't need a fixed IP, but I use dyndns services for remote access)
- 100 down, 50 or 100 up
- I have a HG659b so don't need new ISP hardware
- Decent reliable speeds without peak time congestion
Thanks in advance!
Edit: I’m in Christchurch