I was wondering if anyone here knows enought about electricty to help me.
I am running a dual core 2.3 desktop with a 500 W power supply. Its a new machine. The first 5 days of running it were fine then I would occasionally lose LCD screnn connection. Then it started to power down and power up again outomatically sometimes booting into the OS , sometimes not getting as far but it basically never runs for more than 5 minutes. Seems like it often does not even get into the BIOs before it powers down. In between there were some bios issues as Asus has made a faulty new BIOS version for this motherboard that does not work with some nvidia cards.
So far I have
reflashed bios with newer version
tested RAM (with Vista internal test procedure, the one time it worked for a while)
Put it on power plugs in a different room (worked for 2 hours)
made sure fans are working so it s not an overheating issue
Is there any chance that old wiring in the house could stop it working? We are one apatment of three in an old house in welllington that was converted into 3 units.
Or could there be any settings within the BIOS that stops it from running properly like that?
any help would be much appreciated as I am a bit at a loss here.