This'll be my first ever desktop build. Only used laptops until now.
I'll be using it for web design and development, so a lot of multitasking. I typically have flash, photoshop, notepad++, and maybe fireworks open, plus at least 10-20 tabs/pages open in firefox, plus quite often, safari + opera + ie6 and sometimes even ie7 all at the same time, so i need it to multitask well and have scads of memory.
I used to game but not so much any more, so I'm concerned my choice of video card may be a little overpowered/overpriced.
I plan to overclock the sytem to get blazing performance in photoshop for a sensible/mainstream price. That said, I'm concerned the CPU cooler I've selected may not fit in the case I've chosen. (yeah, I'm a tweaker)
I already have a usb/bluetooth keyboard and mouse (logitech mx5000) but I'm concerned they may not work until the OS is up, ie not in the BIOS settings. So I've included a cheapie keyboard in the list. Should I get a cheap mouse as well? or is it not needed for BIOS settings?
Do you think the PSU I've chosen is appropriate? Overpowered/underpowered?
anyway, here's my preliminary spec list. What do you think?
* Case Gigabyte GZ-X1 ATX Mid Tower Case, Black
* Motherboard Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP Motherboard, Socket 775, 1066MHz FSB, 4xDIMM DDR2, 2xPCIe-16, 3xPCI, 2xPCIe-1, 10xUSB2, Firewire, Audio, ATA, RAID, ATX
* CPU Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 GHz, 1066MHz FSB, Socket 775, Retail pack with fan
* Hard drive Seagate Barracuda ST3320620AS Hard Disk Drive, 320GB, 7200rpm, 16384KB Cache, SATA-2
* Optical drive BenQ DW1680 DVD Writer, DVD 16R/16W/8RW, CD 48R/48W/32RW, Internal, IDE, Black, OEM, Nero 6
* Memory Corsair XMS2, TWIN2X4096-6400C5, 2x2GB, DDR2-800, PC2-6400, CL5, DIMM
* Video card Asus EN8600GT/2DHT/256M Video Card, GeForce 8600 GT, 256MB, DDR3, PCIe-16, TV out, DVI, HDTV, SLI ready
Keyboard Rock Keyboard, USB, Black, OEM $17.82
Monitor Samsung 226BW Monitor, 22" LCD, 1680x1050, DVI, Black
Power supplies Enermax Liberty DXX SLI, 500W ATX PSU, Active PFC, SLI Ready
OS Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1, for (32/64-bit) systems, DVD
Cooling Silverstone FM121, Case Fan, 120mm, with Aluminium Fan Controller, White
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, 120mm Fan, (Intel LGA 775, AMD AM2), CPU Cooler
thanks for any advice,