Microsoft today announced the availability of the affordable flagship Lumia 830 in New Zealand for $599.
Microsoft’s new affordable flagship, the Lumia 830, is the first Windows Phone to use Spark’s brand new 700MHz spectrum, which delivers blisteringly fast 4G speeds in more places and makes everyday tasks faster and easier, allowing people to do more and get more out of their devices. With a premium design, superior PureView imaging and integrated Microsoft services, the Lumia 830 makes high-end innovation and performance more affordable.
Steve Lewis, General Manager of Microsoft Devices in Australia and New Zealand said: “With PureView imaging, wireless charging and a wealth of other great features, the Lumia 830 delivers the best innovations and experiences from our flagship smartphones at a more affordable price, cementing Microsoft’s commitment to offer a competitive Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone for everyone.”
Jason Paris, Spark GM Home, Mobile, and Business has welcomed the arrival of the new flagship device, saying “The Lumia 830 combines high end style and performance in a sleek design that our customers are going to love. It’s great to see another top quality device supporting Spark’s brand new 700Mhz 4G network too.
“4G is changing the way our customers use their phones, doing more of what they love online, in more places, and at faster speeds. It really is allowing them to unleash the potential of their phones and of themselves.”
The Lumia 830 is the thinnest and lightest Lumia in the flagship range. The device has an eye-catching blend of metal and polycarbonate that come together beautifully to create a sense of balance and harmony – it feels great in your hand and it looks gorgeous on the table in front of you.
The handset comes pre-loaded with Windows Phone 8.1 including the new Lumia Denim update and is packing the very best Lumia innovations, including Wireless Charging, Optimised Image Stabilisation and SensorCore in an ultra-sleek package; the Lumia 830 delivers:
The Lumia 830 is expected to be available in New Zealand with Spark from 13 November. The Lumia 830 will be available in black. For more information about the handset you can also visit: www.nokia.co.nz/Lumia830
- Incredible image and video quality, day or night, Lumia 830 captures sharp images with a 10-megapixel PureView camera with ZEISS optics, Rich Recording, and our thinnest optical image stabilisation system to date.
- Access to Living Images which allows you to capture expressions and emotions that make your camera roll come alive, and share them on social networks using Storyteller.
- The latest version of Windows Phone 8.1 with the Lumia Denim update, providing faster connections to everything that matters with Notification Centre, Live Tiles, Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint available out of the box for leading productivity on the go.
- 15GB of OneDrive storage, which allows you to save photos and documents to the cloud and share easily with friends, family, and colleagues on the go.
- A world of apps including Instagram, Adidas miCoach, Vimeo, and – plus apps that sync across devices so you can pick up where you left off at work, home or play.
- A powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 processor, featuring a quad-core CPU at 1.2 GHz, delivering a fast and smooth web browsing, gaming, and overall user experience on a beautiful, sharp 5-inch ClearBlack display.
- ‘SensorCore’ low-power motion sensing tracks motion and location even while the phone is 'asleep' in your pocket - perfect for exercise and exploration - for apps like MSN Health and Fitness, and Adidas miCoach.
- The 2200 mAh battery keeps you going and NFC technology allows the Lumia 830 to work with the second generation ‘Smart Wireless Charging Plate’, which makes the most convenient way to charge even better by interacting with Lumia smartphones to alert people when to charge with a subtle glow.