I've had a game idea kicking around in my head for years now and it's about time I tried to make it - I just need to decide what game engine is the right way to go and see if I can find any others willing to have some fun working with me on my idea. Obviously I am going to be fairly generic in what I say about my idea on here, but here is the gist.
Games idea basics:
- 3D third person
- Will rely on physics engine to work (collisions, physical properties, weight, velocity calculations etc)
- Graphics aren't too important (I plan on putting my time into the scripting/honing the controls as much as possible, because this is where the idea shines)
- Would try and use free 3d models as much as possible
I have never developed a game, but I'm not completely green with this; my experience includes
- Some 3D modelling in 3dsmax, milkshape and sketchup
- Some UVW mapping/skinning
- Good with photoshop
- Have made some basic things in Unity 3D work before
If you have any suggestions for game engine, where I might find people interested to collaborate or anything else, let me know!