The DSL light isn't showing up either so I'm back to my backup modem. Anyone have any ideas? It's still under warranty so probably not a major but just a pain having to take it back.
theEd: Hi there,
Could you try:
If you do get it to flash those LEDs, it's now in a special mode which allows a fresh firmware to be installed on a unit with corrupt firmware.
- Power off the Vigor (unplug it).
- Hold in the reset button, and plug it back in.
- Continue holding the power button until 2 or more of the LEDs are flashing simultaneously (I can't remember exactly which LEDs flash on the 120).
- If after 10 seconds the LEDs aren't flashing, give up and return it.
If you're successful, you'll now have a router as it came from the factory. You'll have to follow these instructions to get it back to the NZ settings we originally shipped it to you with.
- Grab a copy of the latest firmware and the Firmware Upgrade Utility from http://www.draytek.net.nz/draytek/downloads/
- Unzip the firmware.
- Ensure your firewall is disabled, then launch the Firmware Upgrade Utility.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 as the Router's IP, select the .rst file you unzipped earlier, and leave the password field blank. Hit Send.
If you don't have any luck, please return it to your retailer. Now's a great time, as we're fresh in the year and don't have a big backlog of RAs built up yet