This will be another of those 'what should I buy' posts, but I do know some of my requirements.
Getting UFB (with Bigpipe) installed in a couple of weeks - just the 100/20 plan to begin with.
Have an existing TP-Link TD-W8968 which looks like it will initially work ok - but its only single band wifi and wont support higher UFB speeds if I increase the plan speed.
Thinking I would like something reasonably future proof if possible:
- Can be easily purchased (some of the devices GZ users have seem to be import only models) - or tell me who sells it
- Dual band wifi
- Good coverage for a 2 story house (yes I realise this is absolutely subjective, but...)
- Support VLAN tagging - but can be switched off (Bigpipe dont use VLAN tagging but others do if I ever change - Or should I ignore this)
- Ideally have a straightforward way of redirecting DNS lookup traffic (all port 53 UDP to an unblocker DNS for example) rather than just blocking
- Around $200 ish price range - suggest away if its more but I can dream cant I?
I am not a Netflix user, but do access other content and am aware other providers may start getting crankier about geo-blocking - hence (5)
I had my eye of the TP-Link Archer C2 or even the C7, but neither appear to support (4) or (5) but look really good on the other points.