We have a couple of ISP specific HG659 threads
- VF - http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=40&topicid=195795
- VF - http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=40&topicid=208229
- BigPipe - http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=158&topicid=201985
- L2TP on HG659 - http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=66&topicid=208369
There also appears to be a thread on the OpenWRT forum
I'm personally interested in any hack/tweaks including
- Cross flashing firmwares
- BP / Spark / Vodafone firmwares appear to be interchangeable - but double check your hardware version
- Shell Access - See BigPipe Thread
- Using as an additional AP
- Using as a VOIP device
- Bridge mode - just operating as a VDSL modem
- OpenWRT support
My ideal would be OpenWRT or LEDE support but I have a feeling that would break the VOIP support.
I'm currently running a device as an AP with DNS/DHCP turned off and connection via LAN Port.
- BigPipe Firmware
- Telnet access with Shell
Lack of a default route means I can't test VOIP support. Anyone else found a guide on setting a default route to match my existing firewall?
Tried on the command line, but it appears you can't drop a full root shell which restricts some of the commands when on the telnet console.