I am currently having a new house built (Frames have just been put up) and I am looking now at getting the Home Automation plan sorted.
The Plan so far is to inegrate with Apple Homekit (I have an Apple TV) where possible and if not possible use IFTTT:
1. Front door lock (The new Schlage Sense)
2. Garage Door - Chamberlain MyQ Garage Door Opener or MyQ compatible Garage Door Opener with MyQ device attached.
3. Blinds and Curtains - Luxaflex Q-Motion
4. Themorstat - Ecobee3 Thermostat controller - I am hoping that this will be compatible with the Central Gas heating that we are installing.
5. Lights (Outdoor and Indoor) - Not sure what to do about lights......I was thinking Philips Hue but this could get expensive very very fast - open to suggetsions
6. Security (Cameras, Motion Sensors, Smoke Detectors etc) - Not sure about this either.....quite like the looks of Morepork but open to suggestions on this too
7. Front Door Bell - SkyBell
I think that is all - may have missed something
If any of you have suggestions or have tried some of these things please feel free to post and let me know what you think.