Each year, ~1,300,000 women worldwide are diagnosed with breast cancer and some 465,000 die. It is our job to provide accurate, personalised, timely information to help medical professionals optimize breast screening for each and every woman. Matakina Technology are creators of the cutting edge Volpara medical software for use in breast imaging. Our products have been installed in over 150 hospitals and clinics around the globe, in Europe, United States, Asia and Australasia, including several right here in New Zealand.
Our Wellington based team work from a desirable and vibrant central city location. You will work alongside a group of world-class scientists, medical imaging specialists, software developers and testers, and be fully supported in your personal development and career progression. The knowledge and experience you will gain in this role will give you an entry into the niche Healthcare IT industry and provide you with room to grow in your areas of interest.
Wellington is the engineering nerve centre of Matakina Technology, and from here we coordinate activities with the rest of our global team in the US, UK and Asia. You will be an integral part of that team and know that the work you do is potentially affecting the lives of women around the world.
You will receive on the job training in mammography in areas of Healthcare IT including medical imaging, DICOM, PACS, RIS, IT networking, X-ray technology and breast cancer screening. Opportunities exist for further personal development training in areas that interest you.
Reporting to the support team leader you will:
- Provide outstanding 1st level customer support to our global network of clients on our range of medical imaging products
- Perform remote installations and support over the Internet and Telephone to clients worldwide
- Eventually have the opportunity for international travel to visit clients in NZ, Australia and Asia\Pacific performing onsite installations and support
- Perform problem solving and information gathering to diagnose problems, working alongside a global team of engineers and developers.
- Log support tickets and updat information into our Zoho Customer Helpdesk and CRM systems, and manage SharePoint records
- Perform product beta testing and be involved in the product design and development process
- Maintain our database of licenses
Matakina Technology is continually evolving so we are on the lookout for someone who is flexible and dynamic, who is comfortable working in a startup environment where there is always a fast pace of change and who can work on their own initiative without close supervision. You should have very strong customer service and communication skills, be comfortable working with medical and science professionals, and have a great attitude to learning new skills and stepping outside your comfort zone. As you may be asked to visit Hospitals and Breast Clinics in person, you must be confident, articulate and highly professional in your handling of these types of clients and demonstrate the ability to understand the unique requirements of Healthcare and Breast cancer screening
- 1-3 years technical and/or application support experience in a similar 1st level help desk or field service role.
- Highly competent in supporting Microsoft Windows desktop and server operating systems.
- Excellent troubleshooting, triage and problem solving skills
- Experience in a hospital or medical environment would be advantageous, as would knowledge of DICOM, PACS, RIS and other medical IT technologies
- Microsoft Azure, VMware and Amazon cloud experience an advantage.
- Linux Ubuntu experience an advantage
- IT, Physics or Science related degree or diploma
- Microsoft Certified Professional, CompTIA or other IT industry vendor qualification
- ITIL foundation qualification an advantage
Some travel may be required to visit clients inside New Zealand and overseas
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand, and not have any overseas travel restrictions.
You should be located in New Zealand and able to interview in person in Wellington. We are unable to accept overseas applicants.