I saw this job on Seek. I suspect Nyriad Limited are going to have a very hard time filling it, given it's location and advanced programming skills.
The location is Cambridge, which is a nice, but expensive, place to live, near Hamilton. in 2016, the house prices jumped by 45%. In 2017 the median house price was $600,000.
If I was the owner, I would have set up near a major airport, or cheaper city, like in the Northland. Cambridge seem like the worst choice of high house prices + remote location. I guess the owner lives there, and doesn't want to move.
There also asking for "availability to travel domestically or internationally when needed," which could be annoying for some.
"* A BSc in Computer Sciences or equivalent
* 8+ years experience as a Software Developer
* Proven experience in CPU software development using object-oriented languages
* Development experience under Linux"
"We award extra points for candidates with a good understanding of:
* Linux Kernel and device driver development
* Cloud development, data center, and storage concepts
* Designing software using methods such as UML
* Test-driven development for automated functional and unit testing
* Applying good SDLC practices within an Agile environment
* Designing the software architecture for a variety of projects
* Operating Systems, Storage Systems, GPU and parallel processing techniques, databases, and SQL
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* Jenkins, Docker, Vagrant, and Kubernetes technologies.
* A good understanding of multi-threaded environments and network principles
* Experience in C/C++/CUDA/Python or Golang
* Proven experience in GPU software development"
No word on salary from Nyriad Limited, but if it were me, I'd be asking for $100,000 or better, and $5,000 relocation costs, given the specialized skills, high cost of housing in the city, probable relocation, and lastly with no chance of starting at a new firm in the area.