Geekzone: technology news, blogs, forums
Guest
Welcome Guest.
You haven't logged in yet. If you don't have an account you can register now.




2668 posts

Uber Geek

Trusted
Lifetime subscriber

# 181212 6-Oct-2015 18:59
Send private message

I have the above printer available.  It was replaced by the owner and I inherited it with print quality issues.  These were resolved with a clean.  The printer is now just taking up space as I already have a colour laser and too many other gadgets collecting dust.

Drum life is 30% remaining.  Belt unit life is 70% remaining.  Other non-toner consumables are 80% or more remaining.  Page count is 12,500.  Toner cartridges are believed to be near-new, put in by the original owner when he had print quality issues.  I have 3 of the 4 toner cartridges that were removed which almost certainly have toner remaining.  Nowhere on the front panel menus seem to give a toner life remaining figure.

I have done a test print from the front panel and it looks absolutely perfect to me.

Pick this thing up (pretty flexible on timing), take it away, have a play with it, and then establish its worth to you.  If it is full of toner and working beautifully for you, then you might be happy to pay $100 and still think you are getting a bargain.  If it's a lemon (and I'm 98% sure that it is not) then pay $1.  No questions will be asked about the amount of payment.

What I liked about this model:  It has enough electronics to do the 'scan to SMTP email'.

If you have any further questions, firstly RTFM, then ask.  Cosmetically it looks pretty good to me with very little signs of yellowing due to the sun.

Cheers
Mike




"4 wheels move the body.  2 wheels move the soul."

“Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” Douglas Adams

Create new topic
5740 posts

Uber Geek

Trusted
Geekzone
Lifetime subscriber

  # 1401198 6-Oct-2015 18:59
Send private message

Hey, have you listed a price, location and how much shipping would be to other parts of New Zealand? Also if you are asking for a PM make sure your Privacy settings allow your account to receive PM otherwise people can't contact you. Also note if you are selling something we ask you to offer to other members first. Links to private sales (including Trade Me posts) aren't accepted anymore and will be removed.




I am the Geekzone Robot and I am here to help. I am from the Internet. I do not interact. Do not expect other replies from me.





2668 posts

Uber Geek

Trusted
Lifetime subscriber

  # 1404944 13-Oct-2015 12:01
Send private message

The printer has left the building...




"4 wheels move the body.  2 wheels move the soul."

“Don't believe anything you read on the net. Except this. Well, including this, I suppose.” Douglas Adams

Create new topic



Twitter and LinkedIn »



Follow us to receive Twitter updates when new discussions are posted in our forums:



Follow us to receive Twitter updates when news items and blogs are posted in our frontpage:



Follow us to receive Twitter updates when tech item prices are listed in our price comparison site:





News »

Intel introduces cryogenic control chip to enable quantum computers
Posted 10-Dec-2019 21:32


Vodafone 5G service live in four cities
Posted 10-Dec-2019 08:30


Samsung Galaxy Fold now available in New Zealand
Posted 6-Dec-2019 00:01


NZ company oDocs awarded US$ 100,000 Dubai World Expo grant
Posted 5-Dec-2019 16:00


New Zealand Rugby Selects AWS-Powered Analytics for Deeper Game Insights
Posted 5-Dec-2019 11:33


IMAGR and Farro bring checkout-less supermarket shopping to New Zealand
Posted 5-Dec-2019 09:07


Wellington Airport becomes first 5G connected airport in the country
Posted 3-Dec-2019 08:42


MetService secures Al Jazeera as a new weather client
Posted 28-Nov-2019 09:40


NZ a top 10 connected nation with stage one of ultra-fast broadband roll-out completed
Posted 24-Nov-2019 14:15


Microsoft Translator understands te reo Māori
Posted 22-Nov-2019 08:46


Chorus to launch Hyperfibre service
Posted 18-Nov-2019 15:00


Microsoft launches first Experience Center worldwide for Asia Pacific in Singapore
Posted 13-Nov-2019 13:08


Disney+ comes to LG Smart TVs
Posted 13-Nov-2019 12:55


Spark launches new wireless broadband "Unplan Metro"
Posted 11-Nov-2019 08:19


Malwarebytes overhauls flagship product with new UI, faster engine and lighter footprint
Posted 6-Nov-2019 11:48



Geekzone Live »

Try automatic live updates from Geekzone directly in your browser, without refreshing the page, with Geekzone Live now.


Support Geekzone »

Our community of supporters help make Geekzone possible. Click the button below to join them.

Support Geezone on PressPatron



Are you subscribed to our RSS feed? You can download the latest headlines and summaries from our stories directly to your computer or smartphone by using a feed reader.

Alternatively, you can receive a daily email with Geekzone updates.