As noted above I have Onkyo TX-NR609 THX® Select2 Plus™ Receiver.
I bought it from JBHiFi and couple of years ago to replace what I thought was a broken Pioneer AVR but it turned out to be loose wiring that caused on channel to cut out. Looking at the rats nest of cables behind the HiFi unit and TV I decided not to bother and the Onkyo has been sitting unwrapped since.
The unit is one that had developed the infamous HDMI fault which Avalon repaired under warranty and JB then sold it refurbished but with a full new warranty.
Key specs include:
7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver
- THX® Select2 Plus™ Certified
- HDMI® Support for 3D, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio™, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, Multichannel PCM, and CEC
- Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry
- HDMI Video Upscaling to 4K with Marvell Qdeo™
- Direct Digital Connection of iPod/iPhone via Front-Panel USB Port
- Audyssey DSX™ and Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz for New Surround Channels
- Overlaid Graphical On-Screen Display (OSD) and GUI Navigation via HDMI
- Playback of Audio Files Through Local Network (MP3, WMA, WMA Lossless, FLAC, WAV, Ogg Vorbis, AAC, LPCM)
- Internet Radio and Music Streaming Service Connectivity (vTuner, Last.fm*, Spotify*)
- Certified with Windows® 7 and DLNA Version 1.5
- 2 Parallel Subwoofer Pre Outs
- Analog RGB Video Input (D-sub, 15 pin) for PC
Targeting the sweet spot where affordability meets superb functionality, the TX-NR609 looks set to be another Onkyo classic. This THX® Select2 Plus™ Certified A/V receiver handles content from all your favorite disc-based media, as well as networked and audio content from the internet (now with support for Spotify*!), iPod/iPhone, and PC. Six HDMI® inputs—including one on the front panel—provide support for 3D video and ultra-high resolution 4K video upscaling via Marvell Qdeo™. HDMI also carries master-quality audio formats from Dolby and DTS, as well as the expanded surround sound of Audyssey DSX™ and Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz. Three-stage inverted Darlington circuitry and Onkyo’s proprietary WRAT ensure a clean and compelling amplifier performance. And when audio signals are output, the 7.2-channel configuration includes twin subwoofer pre-outs for added bass impact. Meanwhile, a user-friendly on-screen display and GUI make it easy to adjust settings and navigate your content. All this and more makes the TX-NR609 an irresistible choice for the value-seeking home cinema fan.
Looked like a really capable upper-end receiver but since I can't be bother wiring it in I thought maybe some GZ'er have an interest.
Looking for about $420 or a reasonable offer.
Would prefer Welly pickup but could ship at the buyer's cost (I do have a suitable box)