I was given a faulty HP dv9721tx laptop. (By someone with more money than sense )
After a quick test it turns out it just had a dead hard drive.
So I have replaced the hard drive, reloaded Windows and fully tested and everything looks to be going great!
- 17" LCD Screen
- 160GB SATA HDD (Has a space to add a second SATA HDD too)
- 2GB DDR2 RAM
- Core 2 Duo T7500 @ 2.2GHz
- HD DVD Reader & DVD / CD Reader/Writer
- Geforce 8400M GS with 256MB RAM
- Fingerprint Reader
- HDMI, VGA and TV ouputs
- LAN / WLAN / Modem / 3x USB / Firewire
- Mini Media Center Remote (lives in the Express Card slot)
- Windows Vista Home Premium OEM (License sticker on the bottom of the laptop)
- Memory Card Reader
Since the HDD had died there is no HP recovery partition anymore. I have just used a standard Vista OEM DVD to load Vista HP and then downloaded all the drivers / software from HPs website.
Offering it here first before it goes on TradeMe.
Open to all reasonable offers. These retailed for around $2500 new.
I would keep this for myself but already have a decent laptop that is more portable which is what I need.