1. In-laws were with Telecom for phone and internet. They decided to switch to Orcon. They were given a date and provisioned on that date for both landline telephone and adsl internet.
2. The internet worked fine, if not a little slow from time to time (separate issue - I've been trying to convince them they need a master splitter for mooooonnnnttthhhsss.....).
3. They received voice calls no problem. A few people rang them over the course of a few days.
4. When they tried to make a voice call to a landline they received a disconnected dialtone. They were unable to call any landlines, and only discovered this a few days into the service given they hadn't made any outbound calls yet.
5. They tried calling a mobile phone and this worked fine. For a time. After a day or two this also failed to work and they got a disconnected tone when calling mobile and landlines. Incoming calls still worked fine.
6. They logged a support ticket with Orcon.
The rest will come later. Based on this information so far, any ideas what the issue might be or what the suggested course of action might be for troubleshooting?