Anyone having issues with 2degrees on 4G data connections with an iPhone 8 on iOS 11 where despite the 4G indicator being displayed there is no mobile data? My 2degrees account plan has plenty of data accumulated.
Intermittently, have discovered recently that there is no data connection despite full reception and the 4G symbol being displayed so am missing iMessages, emails, etc due to no internet connection until I follow steps further below to restore a data connection.
Wasn't sure where to post this (iOS 11, iPhone, or here in 2degrees) so thought I'd start here. Appreciate any advice!
Am using an iPhone 8 Plus on the latest version of iOS11. Cellular Data is enabled, Roaming is enabled, Carrier is set to 'Automatic', and Voice & Data is set to '4G', Cellular Data Network has both APN's set to: internet
I've tried to trace the sequence of what works to restore 4G or any mobile data connection at all when this occurs:
- If I disable 'Cellular Data' and then re-enable this makes no difference to restoring the 4G data connection.
- If I enable 'Airplane Mode' and then disable 'Airplane Mode' this then restores the 4G data connection and 4G data is working once again.
- If I change the 'Voice & Data' connection from '4G' to '3G' then the data connection is re-enabled.
Have tried to resolve by:
- Going to Settings, General, About to see if there is a new carrier update from 2degrees (no options to update) displayed is: 2degrees 29.1
- Going to Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings
If I leave 'Voice & Data' set to '3G' then there appears to be no disconnection issues so this serves as a general work-around but not ideal considering availability of 4G.
Am not sure if issue is 2degrees, iOS 11 (however I also have a iPhone 6 Plus on Vodafone with no 4G issues), or the iPhone 8. Have yet to trial wiping and restoring the mobile - am trying to avoid that as a last resort as a restore still requires a manual setup of so many accounts on apps etc.