It's a bit of a long story as these things often are but here's the quick rundown. This is a family friend of mine who is not technical and has spent the last 6 weeks calling slingshot with no positive results.
For the purpose of continuity I'll call my friend Tim, and his boarder Jane
Tim has had a slingshot fibre connection for some time which was the only fibre connection to the residential property and is connected on the primary port of the ONT.
Connection included landline provisioned on the ONT.
Sequence of events to date:
- Sometime prior to 5th August 2019, a Jane, (who is a boarder) requested a vodafone fibre connection as a secondary connection.
- Vodafone have churned the primary to Jane with no consent from Tim who is the property owner and slingshot account holder
- It appears Vodafone have put a disconnection notice through to Slingshot for the connection
- Slingshot have disconnected their service including the land line.
- Tim has put in numerous calls to slingshot with many job numbers collected have resulted in them suggesting that he contact Vodafone to ask them to disconnection/move their connection, despite him having no contract with Vodafone.
- Slingshot have now told Tim that he can't have two fibre connections live at his property as it is only a single dwelling. (I'm fairly sure this is incorrect)
- Tim has continued to be billed by slingshot for all services despite assurances that he wouldn't be billed until the issue was resolved.
- Jane is happy to do whatever is required to restore Tim's slingshot services. Obviously did not mean to cause any issues.
6 weeks have passed since Tim was disconnected and he is no closer to having his services reinstated. He's an elderly gentleman who is not overly technical.
I've got access to the Chorus portal via a reseller who has looked up the ONT.
The status shows as "Held - Intent to Cancel" but unsure what the means or who has requested that.
- Slingshot fibre and voice service is restored as primary
- Vodafone connection is moved to a secondary connection.
- (Secondary) Slingshot to refund Tim for services not rendered and further for loss of service and extreme inconvenience caused.
I'm not completely familiar with how the ONT config works when VOIP is involved so unsure if this desired outcome is even possible, but I assume so.
At this stage both Tim and I are at a loss as to how to proceed.
Bit of a curly one.
Obviously I have the client details, ONT s/n, address etc if anyone of the involved parties can be of assistance.
I'd appreciate any constructive input