Here is the list of the tests I have done so far:
1. I unplugged all devices from the two phone jacks from the wall for several hours (they said this would force a manual reset on the line.).
2. I used my cell to call my home number (no any device plugged in), same
3. I plugged a non-cordless phone to the phone jack (with no filter), same
4. I plugged the same non-cordless phone to the same phone jack (with a
filter), same problem.
5. I used the same phone and same phone jack, but with a different filter,
6. I repeated all the above using a different phone, same problem.
7. I repeated all the above with a different phone jack on the wall, same
At the same time, the internet is working just fine, also I can make out-going calls with no problem. Also the phone line is pretty clear (no noise). However, the internet connection seemed to be dropped quite a few times a day (also only started happening from yesterday), but it could get re-connected within 10 to 30 seconds. I tried to turn the phone on when the connection was dropped, there was no dialing tone at all, but it all seemed to be OK after 10 to 30 seconds when the internet got re-connected again.
Have any of you had the similar problem before? And how did you solve it?
I called the Orcon support team, they basically asked me to perform all the above similar tests. They told me if they sent a technician to my home and if they prove the fault is due to my device, there would be a charge of $120 no fault fee.
Since the charge is pretty dear, I am just wondering if any of the gurus here can throw some ideas of what the possible problems will be.
Thank you very much.