Our then new LG 55UJ654V SmartTV and our existing PVR set-up has been working since August 2017 when the SmartTV was originally purchased (see online registration details) and set-up in this configuration.
The set-up is the with SmartTV connected to the ex-Sky dish via a Splitter (diode protected), along the PVR to receive the Optus1 satellite signal.
Just recently, the SmartTV no longer receives the satellite signal for some reason.
The problem started about the end of January 2018 "for real apparent reason" after working since August 2017 when the SmartTV was originally purchased and set-up.
I have some technical knowledge, so I started to diagnose the problem.
- The LNB/satellite dish was an older Sky set-up and uses a 10750MHz LNB, it previously worked with a Sky Decoder, so there was no reason to change.
- When the PVR is powered ON or set to STBY mode, the satellite signal is then received by the TV. If the PVR is OFF completely, there no satellite signal received by the SmartTV. A Satellite Signal Test meter I've purchased confirms this.
- Bypassing the Splitter and connecting the SmartTV directly to the satellite cable feed and turn ON... is still no satellite signal received.
- There is no short on the cable (tested with multi-meter and besides, the PVR works okay)
- Replacing the 10750MHz LNB with a new one makes no difference to the problem.
- The Satellite Signal Test meter indicates that there is no 13v or 18v feed from the LG SmartTV satellite port.
- The original PVR tests okay with Satellite Signal Test meter and has a 13/18v feed along with a strong signal received from the new LNB.
- The LNB power option in the Satellite set-up on the SmartTV is ON for the 10750MHz LNB. This has not changed since set-up back in August 2017 when it was working (received a satellite signal).
- All other features and functions on the SmartTV are okay and firmware updates are applied when available.
So to me it looks like SmartTV satellite polaristion power is not working...
I could have the PVR on STBY mode to power the LNB, but this just is a get-around.
Any ideas? LG Support hasn't been any help so far...