do you know of any C band LNBF that work well? I have 3 that are so weak they are almost useless. I took my STB over to a mates house where he has an Identical dish but a diferent LNB we hooked it up to his dish and we got 105 channels (40 unique channels) His reception far better than mine, in many cases he gets 4 bars on the Q where I get one or 2. I have an unobstructed view of the satellite and have spent too much time checking the alignment to know that that is not the problem. It has to be the LNB. I do not want to buy an other one just like the ones. My best LNBF gets 4 or 5 weak channels on ChinSat6B Do you have any suggestions.
If you have identical dishes then you could expect similar results. Swapping your mates LNB is an option, but I would be reluctant to takes his LNB out as he may have fine tuned just right.
I would check your dish to ensure it is true ( ie lip site the edges of the dish to check for warping) and make sure your LNBF and scalar ring are at the correct position. It is vital that the focal point is about 20 mm into the throat of the feed and if not, adjusted accordingly.
I have had good results with Zinwell C Band LNBF's.
I have no doubt that you do have good results with the Zinwell C Band LNBF - I have one arriving tomorrow I will post results - Today I saw my neighbor had a 1.2 meter dish in his yard and I went over and introduced myself - he was a chinese guy and he showed me his set up. He claimed he got 20 good channels (I didnt ask him to prove it) - he had an "orbisat" lnbf
Purchased 3 C-band LNBs and had 2 others that came with dishes - The reason my reception was so bad was because the Dish was not screwed together tightly - Tuns out that the LNB that came with the dish is 2 times more powerful than the others. i did days of testing and can say with confidence that this is true - even the "Pacific Satellite" LNB was NFG straight out of the box. I bout a new $48 one from Sat-max usless., I fell stupid for wasting my money and my time but learned a valuable lesson. I will now get some large pop rivets with washers and rivet the petals together - this will draw the gaps together permanently.