I moved into a new place and the TV Solutions available were basically not working for me:
- UHF antenna has fallen off the roof
- No VHF
- Sky Dish when plugged into my (old, legacy) DVB-S receiver doesn't have enough signal to be useful.
Steps taken so far include:
- Mate with signal strength meter tested signal at the dish as OK (established Dish is aligned and such)
- Same meter at the end of the coax run said it was 'borderline'.
- Shortened the run by removing a coupla extension lengths connected with F Barrell Connectors - Still no joy.
- Replaced the coax run complete with new RG6. Still no joy.
I'm left with either a receiver problem, or a Dish/LNB problem, near as I can tell.
I think the next step would be to borrow a receiver and eliminate mine as a potential issue. Anyone got a DVB-S receiver in Auickland I can borrow for a day or so? :-) (or any other suggestions) ?