On push bike.
To create a more practical and enjoyable Ingress experience I really need to:
- Make the handset more secure - there's too much temptation to carry it or chuck it in a loose pocket between closely clustered portals.
- Provide a secure location where I can keep the phone awake between portals for XM collection and faster GPS lock.
- Utilise an external battery pack - Ingress is a power hungry animal and it chews on the battery like you wouldn't believe. To charge it I need a secure location that I can run a cable to.
Does anyone have any experience with bike-mounts or a good armband, available in (or shippable to) NZ for the Samsung Galaxy S3?
They'd need to have:
- Charger access for the battery pack (which would then loop over into my backpack).
- Touch-screen support (I see a lot of cheapy armbands don't support screen use).
- Easy attach/detach (for bikemount so that when I do need to step away from the bike for those hard to reach portals I can do so quickly).