After being a bit slow to get on the Smartphone bandwagon, and not wanting (or able) to drop much money on one, last year I got a cheap LG Optimus One P500. It has actually been really good for my needs (I'm not really a "power user"), but even after rooting the tiny ROM (around 160MB!) and RAM (similar) render it almost unusable, as I'm unable to install many apps at once, and running apps slow it to a crawl.
So I'm after a cheap Android phone, main purposes:
-Calling and texting (duh)
-Email.... reading and sending
-Web browsing... again fairly simple needs, doesn't need all the bells and whistles)
-E-books... quite important
-Very light gaming
-General apps, ie newsreading, facebook, sports updates, etc
- would like one with a semi-decent basic camera
After trawling around NZ stores and websites, and finding even phones around $200-$250 quite lacking in terms of my basic needs, I came across the Pandawill website, that seems to have a decent reputation.
My eyes lit up:
Now, I appreciate these aren't going to be S3 killers, but it would appear that I can get much, much better value for money, for less money, rather than buying locally!
1) Has anyone here purchased from Pandawill before, or have any experiences with them from NZ worth sharing?
2) I have a fairly basic $45 monthly plan with Vodafone that I want to continue. I understand that the phones I linked above should work on Vodafone network - can this be confirmed?
3) As well as general phone network, I want to ensure I have access to wifi, Play store etc as well... are there limitations around this?
4) Any other particular recommendations as opposed to those I have linked to above?
PS I have a basic understanding of rooting phones etc - I have rooted my LG - but would prefer not to have to do too much tinkering if possible.
Any feedback is very much appreciated, thanks.