Hopefully this is the correct place to post this.
I have recently bought a tablet (second hand), it was working ok for a while, and then I noticed some bugs (laggy, unresponsive etc).
A reset didn't work, so I installed a new OS on it (was easy).
Now I'm having even more issues than before and have been told to flash ROM back to an earlier OS.
I have tried to do the below instructions but have failed because I didn't really understand it.
Would anyone be able provide a step by step guide (as if speaking to a 5 year old)?
I downloaded the android PC software (think has the SDK), but am failing to boot tablet into fast boot.
I think I need to download something onto the tablet to enable this but am not sure.
Any advice greatly appreciated.
To flash the ROM, please download the file from the following link and follow the below instructions.
Installing image files using fastboot
1. Make sure your Remix has working fastboot (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Fastboot) and adb (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Adb).
2. Download images
1. you should have a download link from us in the email. The information of the image zip file:
1. Images Zip File Name: SK1WG.zip
2. md5: f993e49ff5f0bfac169dcb62b2e820e8
3. sha1: 6f9b364f46680ff1294ff2eb9e3fe9aba6592d5a
3. Unzip the downloaded zip file ( SK1WG.zip ) and go to the folder
4. Connect the Remix to the computer via USB.
5. Make sure the fastboot binary is in your PATH (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_paths) or that you place the recovery image in the same directory as fastboot.
6. Open a terminal on your PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
or by using the hardware key combination for your device while it is powered off.
7. Once the device is in fastboot mode, verify your PC sees the device by typing
1. If you don't see your device serial number, and instead see "", fastboot is not configured properly on your machine. See fastboot (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_fastboot_intro) documentation for more info.
2. If you see "no permissions fastboot", make sure your UDEV (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/UDEV) rules are setup correctly.
8. Clean the existing data by entering the following command:
1. fastboot -w
9. Flash images onto your device by entering the following three commands:
1. fastboot flash system system.img
2. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
3. fastboot flash boot boot.img
10. Once the flash completes successfully, run the following command to reboot the device into recovery to verify the installation.
1. fastboot reboot
Some of the external links of this documents will link to CM website. The installation process is referenced by http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_manta