I've pre-ordered a Meizu M3 Note from PBTech and its due for release on Friday 17th June.
I had a one plus one but I dropped it and broke the screen and to get it replaced was going to be $170 ! so I thought I'd just buy a new chinese Android phone instead of getting it repaired. I paid $260 +GST for the 2gb RAM 16Gb storage model.
My OPO was amazing and by far the best phone I've ever owned. It proves that you dont need to shell out $700-$1000 for a good powerful android phone as it only cost me $450.
I'd be keen to hear from anyone else getting a Meizu M3 Note. Looking at the reviews (all seem to be from India?) on Youtube it looks OK, I dont play graphics/processor intensive games so I'm happy with the reservations and shortfalls in this area.
I was tossing up between getting a Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-3 and Meizu M3 Note but decided on the Meizu cause it has a 2 year warranty from PBTech who in my experience have pretty good customer service and reputation. Plus I read that Xiaomi users have had issues with updating their phones and I cant be bothered with that. Also the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 appears to be more expensive plus not many shops sell it?
Meizu M3 Note pros and cons appear to be :-
- 4100MmAh Battery - Im hoping for good battery life!
- Aluminium body
- 5.5 inch screen
- Finger Print Scanner
- MicroSD slot - looking forward to this being my first phone with this feature as I can then load it up with lots of TVeps and movies.
- Dual SIM
- No NFC - i have Bluetooth NFC headphones and I used NFC on my OPO - so will miss this cool feature :(
- Lollipop 5.1 and FlyMe UI - From what I can tell once you install google installer services and get google play its just like a normal android after that.
- Cant play Graphics and CPU intensive games on high quality mode - im ok with this.
- Bad photos in low light and long distance shot - this is my biggest concern as I take the odd photo - fingers crossed its not terrible.
- No 4k video - Max 1080p only - Im ok with this as I dont own any 4k playback devices.
Also I read somewhere it has some cool functions like you can set it to power off and power on at different times - so Im hoping I can set it to power off at 10:30 pm and power on at 6:30am which will save battery life
Theres some discussion in other threads about the 3G and 4G bands it can and cant do and that theres a problem if your in an area with only 4G and no 3G but i dont really understand what this means and the impact scenarios? - hope someone can explain this a bit clearer in this thread.
"The phone doesn't do band 28. 4G:LTE FDD:1800/2100/2600MHz(Band 1/3/7) It will work fine in central city areas, but not where there is band 28 coverage only."
Especially keen to get feedback on camera and photo quality and fixes for this area which appears to be lacking.
Still the phone is only $260 so given the value for money Im still looking forward to getting it and think i'll be happy with it.
Anyway Im keen to here from other Meizu M3 Note owners so let me know your thoughts/loves/hates/issues/solutions/tips here...
I'll post back after a week or so of using the phone to give my honest review and feedback