Hello! I have a few Android phones that I've recently flashed LineageOS on:
- LOS 14 on a Nexus 4
- LOS 16 on a OnePlus One
The 1+1 is my daily driver that stopped receiving security updates ages ago, so I finally decided to wipe it and deploy Lineage onto it. It's working really well with this one super-annoying problem: I can't receive SMS messages at all. Which unfortunately means I'm excluded from common services that use SMS for verification (banks, alternate messaging services, non-Authy 2FA, etc).
- I can send SMS, but not receive
- I can send and receive voice calls
- I can use mobile data (surfing websites, downloads, tethering, etc) normally.
Interestingly, I had the same problems on the Nexus 4 with the older LineageOS. When I took it to the 2Degrees shop to replace the SIM, the in-store technician was able to receive text messages on it using an off-the-shelf phone. On that hunch, I flashed the most recent OTA image to the Nexus 4 and it worked as expected. All of the texts I've been expecting for the last few days arrived, as if they were never delivered. That seems to confirm a few things for me:
- there's nothing wrong with the hardware on either phone
- there's nothing wrong with my SIM card
- there IS an issue with the LineageOS software
- My messages are not lost: they are delayed. The phone is effectively offline until the SIM is placed in a different phone, though it will send/receive phone calls and internet service
Has anybody else had this problem with LineageOS, 2Degrees, and/or the OnePlus One?