I bought a Motorola Flipout somewhere about January 2011. I loved the phone overall, but within a week or so, I was having problems with my wifi connectivity. At first, I thought it's just me, so I tried fixing things in my router. Which didn't help; then I tried connecting to my neighbour, and while connecting it suddenly says Disconnected. No matter how many times I do this, I get the same error. I know its not the neighbours router either, as I am connected to it atleast once a day (I use their internet with their consent).
Other networks I tried were:
- Auckland City Libraries (couldn't connect to the two around me).
- My university. It connected once, and the next time it doesn't turn on.
I took it in to a Telecom store, somehow the wifi connected right in front of them. Which was completely wierd, as they said it wasn't a problem. And after that, I was overseas. So I didn't have time to do anything about the phone. Oh, and I couldn't connect to any networks there either.
After returning back to NZ , the wifi doesn't turn on for literally hours, and can't load anything even if the wifi signal is on.
So, at the moment.. The errors that I recieve are:
- 'Disconnected' instantly while connecting.
- If it does connect, I can't browse the web.
- If I turn it on in the night, the wifi isn't connected till the next day morning. Which then comes back to the second error: ON, but not ON.
Original supplier: TelecomXT, but I use a Vodafone simcard.
Any help is appreciated. I dropped the phone around March, but the wifi problems have existed long before that. It was after my first visit to XT and I'm afraid of going to them now, as they will now blame the drop for the problem.