My dining room's lights are driving me nuts with a high frequency flickering.
The light switch for these lights has a dimmer switch that doesn't do anything (even with incandescent bulbs). I've tried changing the bulbs (including different sorts of bulb) with no joy. I am pretty sure I've seen a similar flickering previously and it was a faulty dimmer. While I am happy to call a sparky come Monday, I am not sure I can take another 24 hours of the flickering. It's a new place and we've only been here a couple of days, so I don't have a before to compare to.
Can I legally and safely remove the dimmer unit from the light switch to see if that fixes it? What do I do?